Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The weather and I

You guys have no idea how terrible the weather in Bogota can be. I remember one time I was trying on this really thick jacket at Abercrombie and Fitch, and the entire staff asked me the same question: Do you need a jacket like that in Colombia? You see, Bogota is in the middle of the mountains. It doesn't snow here, but in exchange, is rains a lot. And by a lot, I mean sometimes it rains so much that when you are inside a car, you almost feel it's going to start floating any minute.


It was really cold on Monday, and I was only wearing a t-shirt and a sweater. While we were in Maths, there was one moment when my friends and I actually had to sit so close to each other it looked like a group hug. So on Tuesday, I put on the Abercrombie jacket. My fist class was at 7am, so it was still cold, because it was still early. By 9am, it was so sunny I just wanted to kill myself. I had to carry the jacket under my arm for the entire day, since it's too big to fit inside my locker, and too heavy to keep it inside my backpack.
And today it was really sunny, which was good, since I was only wearing a very light jacket. The problem was that I had to stay at the University more that I thought I would, so I left the campus at 8:30. It was so cold outside, that after 5 minutes I felt I had lost sensitivity on my hands.

The thing is, I'm starting to feel sick. My throat is killing me. So right now I'm just going to self-medicate me and then go to bed hoping the weather won't be so bad at me, and I won't have the flu during next week's exams.

Songs of the Week:
Music Sounds Better with You, Stardust
Hey Jude, The Beatles
Confesiones de Invierno (Winter Confessions), Sui Generis

No comments: